Asparagus and Beef Stir-Fry
A delicious healthy stir-fry in minutes! Mushrooms and asparagus are yummy together and help make simple meals special.
- 500g lean beef, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 bunches asparagus, ends snapped off, sliced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 6 spring onions, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pepper to taste
- Combine beef, oyster sauce and sweet chilli sauce and marinate for 15 minutes. Drain marinade and reserve.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat and stir-fry beef until just cooked, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add asparagus, mushrooms and spring onions to pan and stir-fry until tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef, garlic, reserved marinade, sesame oil and pepper.
- Stir-fry until heated through and serve at once.
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.