Asparagus and Pesto Breakfast Pizza
- 2 mini wholemeal pita breads
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 10 mini bocconcini balls
- Salt and pepper to season
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
Ingredients for pesto:
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced.
- Place basil, almond salt and pepper into a food processor. Begin to blend. Drizzle in olive oil until finished and set pesto aside.
- Place pita bread on a baking tray, spread generously with pesto and top with bocconcini.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted.
- While this is baking, heat a non-stick frypan on low-medium. Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil. Crack the eggs carefully into the pan and add asparagus. Cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus. You can place a lid on the frypan if you like the tops of your eggs cooked.
- Serve pita bread hot with egg and lots of asparagus on top. Season to taste.