Asparagus, Capsicum and Cashew Stir-fry
This quick and easy stir-fry is bursting with colour, flavour and veggie goodness!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 capsicums (red and yellow) cut into strips
- 3 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed, sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- Cooked rice or noodles tossed in a little sesame oil to serve
- Combine sesame oil, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan and stir-fry capsicums over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and garlic. Stir-fry until asparagus is tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in sesame, sweet chilli and soy mixture and cook until heated through.
- Combine sesame oil, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce. Just before serving, toss through asparagus and capsicums, and then season with pepper.
- Scatter with cashews and serve with cooked rice or noodles.
- Make enough so you have leftover for a yummy filling for a wrap or crunchy bread roll for lunch the next day. Simply spread a little mayonnaise on wrap or halved crunchy roll, top with shredded lettuce or baby spinach leaves and add leftover stir-fry. If using a wrap, roll up firmly. If using a roll, add top of roll, secure with a strip of un-waxed paper and pack into lunchbox.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.