Asparagus Dippers with Soft-Boiled Egg
Asparagus spears make great dippers to serve with soft-boiled eggs. Use large luscious spears or mini spears – whatever suits your fancy.
- 1 egg per person
- 3-5 spears asparagus, per person, woody ends removed
- Salt flakes and cracked pepper
Your favourite bread, toasted
- Place eggs in small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a simmer and cook gently. For a runny yolk, time for 2 minutes. For a creamy textured yolk, time for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile steam or microwave asparagus until just tender but still holds its shape, 2-3 minutes. If serving with toast, make toast while asparagus is cooking.
- Serve at once with salt and pepper and get dipping!
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.