Asparagus Fish Burger
- 400g boneless firm white fish (ling, snapper, flat head etc)
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 handful of coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
½ lime, squeezed
- 5 – 6 asparagus spears, sliced thinly
- 6 bread rolls (one for each)
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 2 – 3 Asparagus spears, peeled
- 1 medium tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2-3 tablespoons Kewpie mayonnaise
- In a blender add fish, curry paste, garlic, spring onion, bread, coriander, salt, pepper and lime juice. Blitz until it becomes a fine paste and everything is sliced evenly. Place mixture into a bowl.
- Slice asparagus spears thinly and add into the bowl. Fold the asparagus through the mixture. Divide the mixture into 6 balls and shape each ball into a patty.
- In a medium non-stick pan, add a splash of olive oil and heat over a medium high heat.
- Lay the patties into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Toast your bread and add some toppings! The ones I have listed are a guide, but you can add your own favourites!
- Lightly grill the asparagus beforehand for more flavour!
- This can be done with chicken mince or skinless salmon fillets.