Asparagus Smoked Salmon Rolls with Horseradish Cream
Seafood and spears – what a great combination and these little rolls are bursting with flavour and goodness too!
- 10 asparagus spears, woody ends removed
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- Lemon juice, sprigs of dill and salmon roe, to serve
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill
- Small sprigs of dill to serve
- Salmon roe to serve (optional)
- Blanch asparagus until tender crisp but still bright green. Cut spears in half and then set aside.
- To prepare Horseradish Cream, combine all ingredients.
- Cut each salmon slice into 10cm x 5cm pieces. Place on board and spread each slice with a little of the Horseradish Cream. Top with 4 pieces of asparagus and roll into a neat small parcel. Squeeze a little lemon juice over each roll.
- Arrange rolls on serving plates. Top each roll with a small sprig of dill and, if using, spoon a little salmon roe on top.
- Briefly blanch chive leaves to soften and use to tie up salmon rolls into neat bundles.
- For delicious variation include avocado slices or cucumber strips in roll and serve garnished with pearls of finger lime.
- For this recipe to be gluten free, avoid using stocks, sauces and condiments containing wheat. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council