Asparagus Soup with Crispy Parmesan and Prosciutto Croutons
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 1 brown onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for croutons:
- 3-4 thick slices of sourdough bread, diced
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 80g prosciutto, torn
- Place onion, garlic and olive oil into a heavy based saucepan on medium heat. Saute for 5 or so minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add asparagus and stock and simmer for 15 minutes. Then blend soup smooth with a stick mixer or in a blender. Season to taste.
- While soup is cooking, preheat oven to 160C fan-forced. Combine all crouton ingredients except prosciutto in a large bowl. Tip out onto a baking paper lined tray and top with torn prosciutto. Bake for 15 minutes until croutons are golden and prosciutto is crispy.
- Serve soup in bowls and top generously with croutons.