Asparagus Stir-Fry with BBQ Pork Chop
A colourful and tasty way to jazz up meat and three veg!
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops, trimmed (see Tip)
- 1 red capsicum and 1 yellow capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 punnet baby Roma or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Dijon or Dijonnaise mustard, optional (see Tip)
- Italian parsley
- Cut asparagus spears into 2 or 3 pieces.
- To cook pork chops heat a heavy based frying pan over medium to high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and cook chops until lightly browned on first side, 3-4 minutes. Turn chops over and cook until lightly browned on other side and cooked though, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan, cover and keep warm while you cook vegetables.
- Heat pan over medium to high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and stir-fry capsicums and asparagus for 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Combine mustard, honey and vinegar in a small bowl and stir through vegetables on stove until heated through.
- Arrange vegetables on serving plates. Top with pork chop and a dollop of Dijonnaise mustard, cracked black pepper and parsley.
- Use your choice of pork or replace pork with lamb chops.
- Dijonnaise mustard is a mix of Dijon mustard and mayonnaise.
- For this recipe to be gluten-free, avoid using stocks, sauces and condiments containing wheat. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.