Asparagus Stir-fry with Marinated Asian-Style Lamb
Get the lamb marinating while you prepare the veggies and cook the rice. Once the wok’s fired up you’re only minutes away from saying, ‘Dinner’s ready!’
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (see Tip)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 500g lamb fillet
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 bunch of bok choy, halved
- 100g snow peas
- 1 large red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil for cooking
- Steamed rice to serve
- Limes to serve
- To make marinade place all ingredients in a container or plastic bag and mix well. Add lamb fillet and mix thoroughly to completely coat meat. Place in refrigerator for one hour, turning fillet every 15 minutes.
- Remove lamb from marinade. Heat a wok or large pan over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and carefully add lamb. Cook on all sides for 2-3 minutes to seal meat. Remove from pan and allow to rest before slicing.
- Meanwhile, add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Heat over medium to high heat and stir-fry asparagus, snow peas and chillies for 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat then place a lid on pan so the vegetables steam for 1-2 minutes.
- Slice lamb and serve immediately with vegetables and steamed rice
- Mirin is a type of rice wine used as a seasoning and condiment in Japanese cooking.
- Get the rice steaming while you cook the lamb and vegetables.
- For this recipe to be gluten-free, avoid using stocks, sauces and condiments containing wheat. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.