Balsamic Mushroom, Chicken and Asparagus Salad
Mushrooms and asparagus make great partners and add a punch of flavour to this dish. The addition of chicken and parmesan cheese transforms this into a satisfying main meal.
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 8cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, trimmed and cut into 1cm slices
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 400g cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 150g baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- Freshly-shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook asparagus in a large frying pan of simmering water until just tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain and refresh asparagus in cold water and place onto paper towel to drain.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Wipe frying pan with paper towel to dry. Add oil to pan and heat over medium to high heat until hot. Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until almost cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Increase heat to high, add mushrooms to pan and cook, turning occasionally until just tender, 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and asparagus and toss gently to combine. Add balsamic vinegar, stir well to combine and cook for 30 seconds.
- Place spinach leaves onto serving plates and top with chicken, mushrooms and asparagus. Drizzle with pan juices, top with shaved parmesan and serve.
- For this recipe to be gluten free, avoid using stocks, sauces and condiments containing wheat. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by Australian Mushrooms.