Throw Aussie spears on the BBQ for delectable summer eating. Such a good way to eat up our veggies!
- 3 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt flakes to taste
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped or crushed (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place asparagus in a large bowl. Combine olive oil, salt flakes and garlic (if using) and add to asparagus. Using your hands, toss asparagus to coat with olive oil mixture. Alternatively, brush mixture over asparagus using a pastry brush.
- Heat a BBQ or char-grill and cook asparagus until just tender, 4-5 minutes, turning over after 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat immediately and arrange on a serving platter or on individual serving plates.
- Dust with fresh ground black pepper and serve at once.
- Serve with lemon halves for squeezing over asparagus.
- For a richer ‘dressing’ drizzle asparagus with lemon pressed olive oil.
- Also delicious topped with shaved parmesan and served with barbecued mini truss tomatoes.
- For this recipe to be gluten-free, avoid using stocks, sauces and condiments containing wheat. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use. dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.