Char-grilled Asparagus and Tuna Steaks
Gather around the BBQ – here’s a delicious and easy way to enjoy more seafood and veggies. Hot off the BBQ, asparagus and tuna get all dressed up with a zesty salsa.
- 2-3 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
- 4 tuna steaks (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Lemony Tomato and Red Onion Salsa:
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1/2 red onion, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon thin strips lemon zest
- To prepare marinade, combine olive oil, teriyaki sauce, garlic and pepper. Brush or toss asparagus with 2 tablespoons of the marinade.
- To prepare the Lemony Tomato and Red Onion Salsa, combine cherry tomatoes, onion, parsley and lemon zest with 1 tablespoon of the marinade, then set aside.
- Brush tuna steaks with remaining marinade. Heat char-grill, BBQ or large heavy based frying pan over high heat and cook tuna and asparagus, 2-3 minutes each side for medium rare, or cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Lemony Tomato and Red Onion Salsa.
- You can replace the tuna steaks with other firm fresh fish.
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.