Char-grilled Chicken and Asparagus
Cooking asparagus on a char-grill or BBQ gives it a delicious toasty flavour. Here’s a way to add veggie goodness to your next BBQ!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped (optional)
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
- 4 lean chicken breast fillets, skin removed, trimmed
- 4 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- Combine olive oil and sweet chilli sauce with garlic (if using) in large mixing bowl.
- Add chicken fillets, asparagus and tomatoes and toss to coat with mixture. Cover and allow to marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Pre heat char-grill or BBQ and add chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove from heat, keep warm and set chicken aside to rest before slicing.
- Add asparagus and tomatoes to grill (or BBQ) and cook until lightly browned and tender, about 5 minutes. Serve at once.
- The cooking time for the chicken will vary according to the size and thickness of the chicken breast fillets.
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.