Chicken and Asparagus Skewers
A tasty solution for entertaining family and friends – get the chicken marinating a day ahead and all you’ll need to do on the day is chop your veggies and thread them onto the skewers before popping them onto the BBQ.
- 2 x 220 – 250g lean chicken fillets cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm squares
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1cm slices
- 8 thick asparagus spears, woody ends removed
- 4 x 30cm bamboo skewers soaked in water 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons ketcap manis
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine marinade ingredients. Place chicken cubes in non-metallic storage container, add marinade and toss to coat with mixture. Cover and store in refrigerator for up to one day.
- Just before cooking, cut asparagus into 3cm lengths and place in mixing bowl with capsicum and zucchini and toss through marinated chicken. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately on skewers.
- Heat BBQ, grill or heavy based fry pan over medium to high heat and cook skewers, turning often, 10-12 minutes or until chicken pieces are cooked through.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.