Easy Asparagus Tart
A simply delicious tart that can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- 500g fresh ricotta cheese
- 2-3 bunches fresh asparagus, woody ends removed (see Tip)
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- 1 egg
- Flaked salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place ricotta, half the cheese, and beaten egg into a bowl and beat until thick and smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place pastry sheet on a baking tray covered with non-stick baking paper. Spread ricotta filling over pastry base, leaving a 2cm border all around.
- Wash and snap asparagus then pat it dry with paper towel. Lay spears side by side on top of ricotta filling, covering entire surface.
- Sprinkle asparagus with remaining grated cheese and sprinkle again with some black pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes in pre heated oven or until filling is set and pastry is golden.
- Serve in slices with a salad.
- If the asparagus is thin (and therefore there are more spears per bunch), use 2 bunches. If the spears are thick, use 3 bunches.
Recipe provided by Victoria Hansen.