Easy Lemon Grilled Asparagus
Simple and delicious, this lemon grilled asparagus is a staple side dish.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- One lemon, halved
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Brush cut halves of the lemon with a bit of the oil. Toss trimmed asparagus spears in remaining olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place lemon halves, cut side down, on a barbeque or grill pan pre-heated to mediumhigh. Add asparagus spears and cook for 3 - 5 minutes, turning spears once or twice, until you see golden char marks and the asparagus is tender but still crisp.
- Remove all ingredients from barbeque, and squeeze juice from the grilled lemon over the asparagus spears and sprinkle with lemon zest. Serve immediately.
TIP: If cooking on a barbeque grate, you can also thread the spears onto skewers to make them easier to turn.