Mushroom and Asparagus Penne
Mushrooms and asparagus combine to make this a delightful dish and the good news is that it only takes minutes to prepare!
- 400g penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium-sized red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 300g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1cm slices
- 2/3 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cream
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan and cook onion and garlic over medium heat until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, asparagus and stock to pan. Stir well to combine and cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are just tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and return to saucepan. Stir in cream and mushroom mixture and toss gently over medium heat until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by Australian Mushrooms.