Red Potato and Asparagus Salad
This delicious potato salad will make the perfect side at your next BBQ
4 bunches asparagus, trimmed
1 kg red potatoes
1/2 cup pitted green olives
1/2 cup parsley leaves
2 tsp grain mustard
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp honey
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp lemon zest
Salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot of cold water. Bring to the boil, then cook for approximately 20 minutes, until the tip of a knife easily pierces a potato. Drain and cool slightly.
- At the same time, cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water for 2 - 3 minutes, until bright green and tender-crisp. Drain and immediately refresh under cold water so the spears don’t continue to cook.
- Cut potatoes and asparagus into bite-size pieces. Toss potatoes, asparagus, parsley and green olives together in large bowl.
- In a small jar, combine mustard, lemon juice, oil, honey, oregano, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk or shake well, pour over vegetables and gently stir to coat.
- Season salad with a bit more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve salad warm or at room temperature.