Shimeji Mushroom and Prawn Coconut Curry with Asparagus
Shimeji mushrooms are delicate Asian-style mushrooms. They shine in this dish with its spicy coconut sauce. Asparagus adds a lovely freshness and lime adds zing to make your taste buds sing!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 20 green king prawns, peeled with tails intact, de-veined
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 bunch green asparagus, trimmed and cut into 4cm lengths on the diagonal
- 300g Shimeji mushrooms, trimmed and separated
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Steamed Jasmine rice to serve
- Heat a wok over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the oil. When hot, add half the prawns and stir-fry until prawns just change colour, about 1 minute. Transfer prawns to a plate and set aside. Repeat using remaining oil and prawns.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add curry paste to wok and cook, stirring constantly until aromatic, about 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk and bring mixture to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Add prawns, asparagus and mushrooms. Stir to combine and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until prawns are cooked through, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in coriander, fish sauce, palm sugar (or brown sugar) and lime juice.
- Serve with steamed Jasmine rice.
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by Australian Mushrooms.