Spiced Coconut Chicken with Asparagus
This spicy dish is as yummy as it is colourful and the bonus is that it is quick and easy to make!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed, sliced into 3
- 1 bunch bok choy, sliced
- 115g packet baby corn
- 270ml can coconut milk
- Steamed rice to serve
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat and cook chicken strips until browned on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, curry paste and capsicum to pan and stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- Add asparagus, bok choy and baby corn to pan and toss well over heat.
- Stir in browned chicken and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Serve with steamed rice.
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
- For a vegetarian option replace the chicken with 1 can cooked drained chick pears, adding them at the same time as the asparagus. Also make sure the curry paste does not contain any meat or fish products.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.