Spring Vegetable Soup
Soup is for all seasons. What better ingredient in Spring Vegetable Soup than Aussie spears?
- 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion diced finely
- 1 red capsicum, diced finely
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped (optional)
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed, sliced finely
- 3-4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2-1 cup tomato passata
- Few drops of Tabasco Sauce
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
- Grissini sticks, bread or toast
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add oil and stir-fry onion and capsicum for 1 minute. Add garlic (if using), stock and tomato passata and stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Bring soup to the boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and cook gently until vegetables are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, season to taste with Tabasco sauce and serve sprinkled with parmesan (optional).
- Serve with grissini sticks, bread or toast.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.