Steamed Asparagus Rockling with Asian-Style Salsa Verde
A lovely light and healthy dish for spring and summer to celebrate asparagus season.
Asian-Style Salsa Verde:
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Vietnamese mint, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed and drained, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 thick pieces Rockling
- 1-2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
- 20g butter
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, and top with a bamboo steamer lined with non-stick baking paper.
- To prepare Salsa Verde, combine chopped parsley, mint, coriander and capers in a small bowl. Add lime rind and juice, garlic, ginger, oils and salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Make a slit through the centre of the fish, and insert asparagus spears and butter. Place into prepared steamer, and top with Asian-style Salsa Verde. Cover with lid, and steam for 5 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Serve with lime wedges and a crisp green salad.
- For this recipe to be gluten free, avoid using stocks, sauces and condiments containing wheat. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council.