A light and luscious pizza perfect for the warmer months when asparagus is at its best.
- 4 x 20cm plain pizza bases
- 1/4 cup tomato passata
- 200g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends removed
- 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 bunch fresh basil, leaves and tender stems stripped off
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Watercress, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Brush the pizza bases with the passata and scatter with the ricotta, asparagus, thyme and peppercorns. Bake in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes until crisp and bubbly.
- In the meantime, prepare the Basil Oil: Place the basil in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Using a slotted spoon, remove basil immediately and refresh in cold or iced water. Drain basil well and place in a food processor. Add the olive oil and process until bright green and smooth.
- When cooked, drizzle the hot pizzas with a little basil oil and serve immediately.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council