Warm Salmon, Asparagus and Lemon Salad
This succulent salmon on a bed of spring and summer vegetables makes a luscious light meal in minutes.
- 80g butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1-2 bunches asparagus spears, halved
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthways into ribbons
- 200g fresh or frozen peas
- 4 pieces hot smoked salmon
- Prepare the dressing: Heat a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Melt 60g of the butter until foaming. Stir in the lemon juice, set aside to keep warm.
- Heat the olive oil and remaining butter in a larger pan over medium heat. Stir in the leek and garlic, and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the asparagus, zucchini and peas, and cook until tender crisp, 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the vegetables between serving plates. Top with the salmon, and pour over the hot dressing.
- Hot smoked salmon is available at larger supermarkets and specialty stores.
- Serve with grilled lemon, if desired.
- For this recipe to be gluten free, avoid using stocks, sauces and condiments containing wheat. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe provided by the Australian Asparagus Council