White Asparagus with Chilli Capsicum Sauce
Serve over char-grilled chicken or firm fish. Also delicious served over cooked sliced potatoes or wilted spinach leaves drizzled with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- 450g (about 12 spears) white asparagus
- Olive oil
Chilli Capsicum Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g ready prepared roasted red capsicum, skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes, or to taste
- To prepare white asparagus, use a vegetable peeler or small paring knife to carefully peel about 10cm from base up each spear to remove outer tough layer only. Trim or snap off woody ends of the asparagus.
- Heat a ribbed or flat grill plate or large pan over a medium heat until hot. Brush asparagus with olive oil and char-grill until just tender, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- To prepare the Chilli Capsicum Sauce, place all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Arrange asparagus on serving plates, top with sauce, or serve sauce alongside.
- For this recipe to be gluten free, avoid using stocks, sauces and condiments containing wheat. Take care to read ingredient labels on all products.
- For this recipe to be dairy-free, avoid using prepared and packaged foods containing dairy products. Take care to check ingredient labels on all products you use.
Recipe produced by culinary consultant Janet Lillie for Motta Produce.